- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 teaspoon fire cider vinegar (from Cotswold Orchard Herbs)
- 1 teaspoon chia oil (Sun and Seed)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame tahini (Sun and Seed)
- 1 teaspoon Furikake seasoning (Sun and Seed)
Prepare the Cucumber:
- Wash the cucumber thoroughly and slice it thinly.
Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine miso, fire cider vinegar, chia oil, and black sesame tahini. Whisk until well combined.
Combine Cucumber and Dressing:
- Place the sliced cucumber in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the cucumber slices and toss gently to coat evenly. Allow it to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
Top with Furikake:
- Just before serving, sprinkle Furikake seasoning over the cucumber salad.
Garnish with Sesame Seeds:
- Finish off the dish by garnishing it with sesame seeds for a delightful crunch.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Transfer the cucumber salad to a serving dish. This version, without rice, still delivers a burst of Japanese-inspired flavors, making it a perfect side dish for sushi or a refreshing appetizer.
Feel free to adjust quantities to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy your Japanese Cucumber Salad with the rich flavor of black sesame tahini dressing!