For the Cooked Buckwheat:
- 1 cup of raw buckwheat groats
- 2 cups of water
- A pinch of salt (optional)
For the Chia Seed Oil Salad:
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat groats
- 2 tablespoons chia seed oil
- 1 cup mixed fresh vegetables (e.g., cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and red onion)
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, mint, or basil)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the Buckwheat:
- Rinse the raw buckwheat groats under cold running water to remove excess starch and prevent sticking.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rinsed buckwheat groats and 2 cups of water. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and let the buckwheat simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. It's ready when tender with a slight "bite."
- Drain any excess water and fluff the cooked buckwheat with a fork.
Prepare the Chia Seed Oil Salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked buckwheat groats, mixed fresh vegetables, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of chia seed oil and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the salad.
- Gently toss the salad to blend all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the flavors to meld for about 10 minutes before serving.
Indulge in this hearty and flavorful fusion, and elevate your culinary experience. It's a wholesome and scrumptious treat for your taste buds!