- 2 large aubergines
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sun & Seed Raw White Sesame Tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Optional: a pinch of cumin and paprika for extra flavor
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Slice them the aubergines into 1 cm tall rounds, drizzle them with olive oil, roast them for about 20-30 minutes until golden and the flesh is soft.
- Let the roasted aubergines cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the aubergine, minced garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Keep a couple of slices roasted aubergines for garnish. Blend until smooth.
- If desired, add a pinch of cumin and paprika for extra flavor.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and some of the extra aubergines slices and serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables.